YOUNG GEOMETRIC GROUP THEORY MEETING VI
Mathematical Institute Oxford 20-24 March 2017
Contemporary geometric group theory (GGT) encompasses diverse areas of mathematics and the aim of this meeting is to bring world-leading mathematicians in GGT together with doctoral students, post-docs and other young researchers, with mini-courses and open discussions on fundamental topics in the area, and plenary lectures on recent breakthroughs. This follows the format of the recent highly successful sequence of Young Geometric Group Theory (YGGT) meetings, held previously in Israel, Poland, Belgium, Germany and France. There will be 4 mini-courses and 7 plenary talks, alongside extended poster sessions.
· Emmanuel Breuillard, Muenster, Approximate Groups.
· Marc Burger, Zurich, Heilbronn lecturer, Geometric structures, compactifications of representation varieties and non-Archimedean geometry.
· Tullia Dymarz, Wisconsin-Madison.
· Alireza Golsefidy, California-San Diego.
· Henry Wilton, Cambridge.
· Montserrat Casals-Ruiz, Basque Country.
· Enrico Le Donne, Jyväskylä, Finland.
· Jon Chaika, Utah, USA.
· Bruno Duchesne, Lorraine, France.
Registration: Deadline for applying for financial support has passed. The conference is organised with funding from different sources and the sponsorship rules mandate that we charge a minimal registration fee. This is fixed at 50 pounds and must be paid by all participants by 15th March. Please follow the web link to make the payment and a confirmation receipt will be emailed to you.
Organised in partnership with